Eighth Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. – Inspired Art Contest and Performance
February 3 2020
Win cash prizes up to $100 each!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, February 3, 2020 (11:59 pm EST)
The MLK Planning Committee just launched its search for this year’s MLK Art Installation Contest. All forms of print/digital art will be accepted and all faculty, staff & students are encouraged to participate.
Express yourself by entering:
- visual art (painting, photography, sculpture, video)
- performance art (music, song, spoken word, dance, theater)
- literary work (poetry, short story, speech, play)
Three $100 cash prizes will be given to participants whose work:
- Embodies Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s mission and vision (the past)
- Highlights this year’s MLK theme: Have Courage. Speak up. Confront Injustice. (the present)
- Shows us hope through healing (the future)
All submissions will be on display in Lobby 10 next month to coincide with MIT’s 46th Annual MLK Celebration, February 12, 2020, 11am-1pm.
Here is your chance to show off your creativity and artistic skills to the MIT community, have fun and win money. We look forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations!
To submit a piece of art or ask a question, please email Nina DeAgrela directly by 2/3/20 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pronouns: she, her, hers
General office hours: Monday to Friday, 10 am-6 pm
Assistant Dean of Intercultural Engagement for Multicultural Programs
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
120 Massachusetts Avenue, W31-110
Cambridge, MA 02139